Google
 

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Parker Out of Saturday's Game

In a continuing injury to note, Steelers RB Willie Parker will be held out of Saturday's preseason game due to his knee soreness / swelling. He hopes to be back by exhibition game #3 next week.

I have said it before and will continue to say it; Parker is just too fragile and small to be an every down back. I am not saying he is not talented, but simply buyer beware. If someone wants to reach for him on your draft board, by all means, let him. Parker needs to operate in a dual-back system as he did with Jerome Bettis. I don't think Najeh Davenport is exactly "that guy", but he will have to do.

Expect to see Parker's carries decreased this season; if not due to the team trying to keep him healthy then simply due to the fact that he is not healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=gamethrust 1.3.3.2008 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg